Franklin's Brewery

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Brewmaster Flash and the Furious Five Hops

The Hippity Hoppity Series
Volume 6


Don't drink me cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to lose my head,
It's like a hop jungle sometimes it makes me wonder
How I keep from going under

The sixth installment of our Hippity Hoppity Double I.P.A. series is a no nonsense straight forward hop experience. BMF has the simplest grist bill for a DIPA that we've brewed in a while coming straight at you with 2-row barley, carapils and Weyermann's new Carabelge malt. First wort hopped with Nugget and additionally again half way through the boil helped provide this beer with a solid aggressive bitterness from the start. Later additions of Columbus,Cascade and Amarillo made sure the hop character stayed with you till well after you swallowed. Not to be outdone by the surplus of kettle hops, this beer was then double dry hopped with Chinook,Centennial,Columbus,Cascade and Amarillo for a full out attack on your nose and the beer's finish.

From having watched people in this area take a simple dish and spice it up with Old Bay I think this beer was no different. A simple yet solid malt base with abundance of wrist flicked hop seasoning sprinkled throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment